- February 22: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks For Windshields That Detach recalls | 7 days ago
- February 19: Ford Recalls 154,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 10 days ago
- February 18: Ford Bronco Sports Recalled For Suspension Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- February 18: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Rear Axles That May Lock recalls | 11 days ago
- January 24: Ford Recalls Explorer Police Interceptor and Lincoln Aviator recalls | 36 days ago
Ford Engineering Analysis EA02018: RAPID TIRE DEFLATION
2000 Ford E-350
RAPID TIRE DEFLATION
- This investigation was opened on certain Ford pickup trucks and vans to evaluate the effects of a valve stem ejection (with rapid air loss) and a slow leaking valve stem on vehicle handing.during the investigation, ODI evaluated over 1,100 complaints and warranty claims, conducted vehicle dynamic testing on a subject vehicle with the failure mode replicated, interviewed owners, and examined complaint vehicles in the field.the results of the test program indicates the effect of a valve stem ejection on these vehicles is easily controlled. Further, with a population of almost 900,000 vehicles, having two to four years of exposure, ODI is aware of only 3 minor crashes and is unaware of any injuries.the small number of crashes relative to the large population of vehicles is consistent with the testing which was performed. Therefore, this investigation is closed.see the attached report for full technical details.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.