- January 22: Ford Fuel Filter Recall Affects F-Series Diesel Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- January 21: Recall: Ford Brake Lights Won't Turn Off recalls | 4 days ago
- December 30: Ford Recalls 2022 F-250 and F-350 Super Dutys recalls | 26 days ago
- December 26: Ford Broncos and Rangers Recalled For Radar Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- December 25: Ford Recalls Mustang Mach-E and Mustang Vehicles recalls | 31 days ago
Ford Preliminary Evaluation PE09055: HVAC Switch Failures
2006 Ford E-350
HVAC Switch Failures
Electrical System:Wiring:Interior/Under Dash
- ODI has received 1 complaint and reports from 4 transportation fleets alleging 182 switch failures.Each fleet operates mini buses built on a Ford E350 or E450 cutaway chassis.The OEM HVAC blower switches have melted, smoked, burned or experienced open flame and become inoperable on vehicles in each fleet.Some drivers have reported a burning smell or smoke coming from the dash.One fleet reported a vehicle fire.No injuries were sustained.However, the bus was carrying special needs children when the driver noticed smoke coming from the dash.The driver was able to evacuate the children prior to the vehicle becoming engulfed in flames.This PE has been upgraded to an Engineering Analysis (EA) to determine if the blower motor switch failures create a situation where a vehicle fire is possible and presents a safety risk to the driver and other passengers.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.