- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 3 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 10 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 14 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 Ford E-350
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Oneness mobility is recalling 19 MY 1998, and 2005-2006 E-350 vans built on Ford chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Oneness mobility is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or oneness mobility at 1-818-267-3000.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.