- January 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 1 days ago
- January 21: Ford and Mazda To Recall More Takata Airbag Inflators news | 2 days ago
- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 3 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
Ford Preliminary Evaluation PE09055: HVAC Switch Failures
2007 Ford E-350
HVAC Switch Failures
Electrical System:Wiring:Interior/Under Dash
- ODI has received 1 complaint and reports from 4 transportation fleets alleging 182 switch failures.Each fleet operates mini buses built on a Ford E350 or E450 cutaway chassis.The OEM HVAC blower switches have melted, smoked, burned or experienced open flame and become inoperable on vehicles in each fleet.Some drivers have reported a burning smell or smoke coming from the dash.One fleet reported a vehicle fire.No injuries were sustained.However, the bus was carrying special needs children when the driver noticed smoke coming from the dash.The driver was able to evacuate the children prior to the vehicle becoming engulfed in flames.This PE has been upgraded to an Engineering Analysis (EA) to determine if the blower motor switch failures create a situation where a vehicle fire is possible and presents a safety risk to the driver and other passengers.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.