- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 7 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 8 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 9 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 30 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lift - Platform Cracking
2008 Ford E-350
If the platform side plates crack, the lift platform can separate from the lift and come to rest against the vehicle's lift door. When the doors are opened, the platform may fall out, increasing the risk of injury to the lift operator. Additionally, if the bearings move out of position, the stowed platform may have excessive movement resulting in failure of the platform mounting. This failure could cause the wheel chair lift platform to fall out of the vehicle when the doors are opened, increasing the risk of injury for the lift operator.
- Mobility Specialists, Inc. (Mobility Specialists) is recalling certain model year 2006-2014 Ford E-250, and E-350 vehicles modified to be equipped with certain model S2005, S2010, S5005, S5010, S5505, and S5510 wheelchair lifts manufactured by Ricon Corporation. The platform side plate of the affected wheelchair lifts may crack. Additionally, the affected lifts are equipped with folding link arms that may have pivot holes that are too big, allowing the bearings to move out of position.
- Mobility Specialists will notify owners to take their vehicles to a Ricon dealer or service center who will install supplemental platform support bumpers. Any platform that has already started cracking will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began on November 13, 2015. Owners may contact Mobility Specialists customer service at 1-877-777-5438, or Ricon customer service at 1-800-322-2884.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.