- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 18 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 19 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 19 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 21 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Interlock Belt
2008 Ford E-350
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move without the restraint belt properly buckled.
- Elkhart coach has notified NHTSA of a defect in certain transit buses fitted with ricon public use lifts. The restraint belt on these lifts was designed to prevent the lift from moving, unless the tongue of the belt is fully engaged and latched in the buckle. Ricon has discovered, however, that it is possible for the operator to insert the belt tongue into the buckle without fully engaging the latching mechanism. In this case, the restraint belt would appear to be latched, and the operator could run the lift. If the restraint belt tongue is not fully engaged into the restraint belt buckle, and latched, the lift may operate with an occupant on the platform.
- Elkhart coach is working with ricon and ricon will be handling the remedy for this campaign. Please see ricon's defect report 09E-060. Ricon will provide customers with a warning decal and a dvd-based training aid. The safety recall began on July 27, 2010. Owners may contact ricon customer service at 800-322-2884, emailing at email@example.com.
Click a tab for more information.