- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 11 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 17 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 18 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 21 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Interlock Belt
2008 Ford E-350
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move without the restraint belt properly buckled.
- Mobility works is recalling certain model year 2008 and 2009 conversion vans built on Ford E150, E250, and E350 chassis after November 2007 and fitted with ricon public use lifts. The restraint belt on these lifts was designed to prevent the lift from moving, unless the tongue of the belt is fully engaged and latched in the buckle. Ricon has discovered, however, that it is possible for the operator to insert the belt tongue into the buckle without fully engaging the latching mechanism. In this case, the restraint belt would appear to be latched, and the operator could run the lift. If the restraint belt tongue is not fully engaged into the restraint belt buckle, and latched, the lift may operate with an occupant on the platform.
- Mobility works is working with ricon and ricon will be performing the remedy for this campaign. Please see ricon's defect report 09E-060. Ricon will provide customers with a warning decal and a dvd-based training aid. The safety recall began on August 20, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mobility works at 1-800-769-8267.
Click a tab for more information.