- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 4 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 5 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 6 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 27 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Interlock Belt
2009 Ford E-350
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move without the restraint belt properly buckled.
- Mobility transportation (mts) is recalling certain model year 2007 through 2009 conversion vans built on Ford E150, E250, and E350 chassis from September 16, 2008 through April 15, 2009 and fitted with ricon public use lifts. The restraint belt on these lifts was designed to prevent the lift from moving, unless the tongue of the belt is fully engaged and latched in the buckle. Ricon has discovered, however, that it is possible for the operator to insert the belt tongue into the buckle without fully engaging the latching mechanism. In this case, the restraint belt would appear to be latched, and the operator could run the lift. If the restraint belt tongue is not fully engaged into the restraint belt buckle, and latched, the lift may operate with an occupant on the platform.
- Mts is working with ricon and ricon will be performing the remedy for this campaign. Please see ricon's defect report 09E-060. Ricon will provide customers with a warning decal and a dvd-based training aid. The safety recall began on October 18, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mts at 1-734-453-6452.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.