- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 4 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 5 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 6 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 27 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Up Button
2009 Ford E-350
When the platform overruns the vehicle floor level and stops at an angle from 15-20 degrees, it is possible for a person in a wheelchair to tip over and for someone standing on the platform to fall, possibly resulting in injuries.
- Comm-trans is recalling certain model year 2007-2009 ada conversion vans built on Ford E-150, E-250, and E-350 chassis between December 7, 2007 and December 23, 2009 and fitted with certain ricon S series and K series L-model wheelchair lifts. Due to a problem in the software that controls the lift's "up" function, should the "up" button be released before the floor level limit switch is activated, the lift may continue its upward travel and may overrun the floor level cut off point.
- Comm-trans will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by authorized ricon dealers free of charge. A software solution for this safety defect is under investigation. Until the software solution is available, ricon will provide owners with a bulletin outlining proper wheelchair lift operation and will ship owners a dvd-based training aid to promote proper lift operation at no cost. The safety recall began on July 6, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or comm-trans at 1-901-726-9394.
Click a tab for more information.