- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 13 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 18 days ago
- December 25: Ford F-150 B-Pillar Fire Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 16E-020: Wheelchair Lift/Platform Cracking/Pivot Arm Holes
2012 Ford E-350
If the platform side plates crack or the platform mounting fails from out-of-position bearings, the lift platform can separate from the lift and come to rest against the vehicle's lift door. When the vehicle's doors are opened, the platform may fall onto the lift operator, increasing their risk of injury.
- New England Wheels (New England) is recalling certain model year 2006-2014 Ford E-250, E-350, and 2015 Ford Transit vans equipped with certain model S2005, S2010, S5005, S5010, S5505, and S5510 wheelchair lifts by Ricon. The platform side plate of the affected wheelchair lifts may crack. Additionally, the lifts are equipped with folding link arms that may have pivot holes that are too big, allowing the bearings to move out of position.
- New England will notify owners, and Ricon dealers will inspect the link arms for damage or for displaced bearings. The platform will be inspected for cracks. Any damaged parts will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began on June 29, 2016. Owners may contact New England customer service at 1-800-886-9247. New England's number for this recall is 16E-020.
Click a tab for more information.