- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 0 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 8 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 13 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
Ford Preliminary Evaluation PE09055: HVAC Switch Failures
2007 Ford E-450
HVAC Switch Failures
Electrical System:Wiring:Interior/Under Dash
- ODI has received 1 complaint and reports from 4 transportation fleets alleging 182 switch failures.Each fleet operates mini buses built on a Ford E350 or E450 cutaway chassis.The OEM HVAC blower switches have melted, smoked, burned or experienced open flame and become inoperable on vehicles in each fleet.Some drivers have reported a burning smell or smoke coming from the dash.One fleet reported a vehicle fire.No injuries were sustained.However, the bus was carrying special needs children when the driver noticed smoke coming from the dash.The driver was able to evacuate the children prior to the vehicle becoming engulfed in flames.This PE has been upgraded to an Engineering Analysis (EA) to determine if the blower motor switch failures create a situation where a vehicle fire is possible and presents a safety risk to the driver and other passengers.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.