- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 14 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 19 days ago
- December 25: Ford F-150 B-Pillar Fire Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 24 days ago
Ford Recall 15S31: Fuel Tank May Leak Due To Corrosion
2010 Ford Edge
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 Ford Edge vehicles manufactured September 11, 2008, to July 1, 2010, and Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 23, 2008, to July 1, 2010, originally sold in, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. Due to corrosion from salt water exposure such as from road salt use, the affected vehicles may leak fuel from the fuel tank seam weld under the tank mounting reinforcement brackets.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles and either clean and treat the fuel tank with a corrosion preventative or replace the tank, free of charge. The recall began on May 10, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S31.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 27, 2015 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 15S31 Certain 2009 through 2010 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles Fuel Tank Corrosion Inspection and Repair
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - April 28, 2016 SUBJECT: Safety Recall 15S31 – Supplement #1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - May 2016 Important Repair Notification - Safety Recall 15S31
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Press Release
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.