- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 0 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 8 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 13 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
Ford Recall 19S01: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2010 Ford Edge
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Passenger Side — Inflator Module
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013 Ford Mustang vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or "Zone A." Additionally, Ford is recalling certain 2010 Ford Edge, Fusion, Mustang and Ranger, Lincoln MKX and Zephyr/MKZ, and Mercury Milan vehicles ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or "Zone B." Ford is also recalling certain 2009 Ford Edge, Fusion, Mustang and Ranger, Lincoln MKX and Zephyr/MKZ, and Mercury Milan vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, used as original equipment or replacement equipment (such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bags), that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S01.
- Documents (6)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Awareness Communication - Upcoming Safety Recall 18S01 - Certain 2009-2010 and 2013 Mustang, 2009-2010 Ranger, Fusion, Milan, MKZ, Edge, and MKX Vehicles Passenger Airbag Inflator Replacement
- Miscellaneous Document - FORD MEDIA CENTER - Ford Issues Safety Compliance Recall; Expands Safety Recall for Vehicles Containing Certain Takata Airbag Inflators
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 15, 2018 - Advance Notice Safety Recall 18S01
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.