- October 16: Ford Ranger Recall: HVAC Blower Motor Fire Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 2 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 13 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 13 days ago
Ford Recall 18S04: Incorrect Brake Hoses May Chafe
2018 Ford Escape
A brake fluid leak may lengthen the distance needed to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC vehicles. These vehicles may be equipped with incorrect front brake hoses that may chafe against other components, possibly resulting in a brake fluid leak.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the brake hoses, replacing any that are incorrect, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S04.
- Documents (4)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Miscellaneous Document - FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY RECALL IN NORTH AMERICA FOR SELECT 2018 FORD ESCAPE AND LINCOLN MKC VEHICLES FOR INCORRECT FRONT BRAKE JOUNCE HOSES
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Safety Recall 18S04 Certain 2018 Model Year Escape and MKC Vehicles Front Brake Flexible Hose Inspection
Click a tab for more information.