- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 26 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 28 days ago
- December 22: Ford E-Series Recall Necessary To Prevent Burns recalls | 28 days ago
Ford Recall 17S44: Inflator Component May Detach During Deployment
2018 Ford Escape
If the component detaches during deployment, it may enter the passenger compartment and be a projectile within the vehicle cabin, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Escape vehicles. The side curtain air bags on these vehicles have a component that may detach during deployment of the inflatable curtain air bag.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver and passenger side curtain air bags, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S44.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.