- October 22: Ford Explorer Class-Action Settlement Awaits Appeal Court news | 1 days ago
- October 21: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Filed by Police Officer news | 2 days ago
- October 18: Ford Recalls 1.3 Million F-150 and Super Duty Trucks recalls | 5 days ago
- October 17: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Recall Needed, Safety Group Says news | 6 days ago
- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 10 days ago
1997 Ford Escort
Worst 1997 Escort steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly12
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar4
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)3
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Steering1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escort Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Escort compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escort overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escort.