- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 2 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 10 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 15 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Wheel Lug Nuts
1999 Ford Expedition
Loss of lug nut torque can cause vibration or separation of a wheel and tire from the vehicle.
Wheels — Lugs/Nuts/Bolts
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with four-wheel-drive (4X4), 17" chrome steel wheels. The clamp load can be lost on the wheel lugs due to insufficient wheel contact area with the hub. In some cases, the contact area can deform, resulting in a loss of lug nut torque.
- Dealers will re-torque the wheel lugs to proper specifications and also install a label that specifies that the wheel lugs be torqued to 110 lb-ft any time the wheel is removed.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.