- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 3 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 20 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 33 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 37 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 51 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Wheel Lug Nuts
1999 Ford Expedition
Loss of lug nut torque can cause vibration or separation of a wheel and tire from the vehicle.
Wheels — Lugs/Nuts/Bolts
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with four-wheel-drive (4X4), 17" chrome steel wheels. The clamp load can be lost on the wheel lugs due to insufficient wheel contact area with the hub. In some cases, the contact area can deform, resulting in a loss of lug nut torque.
- Dealers will re-torque the wheel lugs to proper specifications and also install a label that specifies that the wheel lugs be torqued to 110 lb-ft any time the wheel is removed.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.