- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 15 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 21 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 25 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 29 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 40 days ago
Ford Recall 19S19: Unexpected Transmission Downshift
2013 Ford F-150
Unexpectedly downshifting into first gear may result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013 F-150 vehicles equipped with 5.0L or 6.2L gasoline engines, that previously had the powertrain control module (PCM) software reprogrammed under recall 19V-075. The software used to reprogram the PCM did not have the necessary updates to prevent the transmission from unexpectedly downshifting into first gear, regardless of vehicle speed.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module, free of charge. The recall began June 24, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S19.
- Documents (9)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center - 6/12/19
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 19S19
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.