7.3

2016 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 312019

F-150 3.5L V6

Inside door locks or latch freezing in winter. Can only get in with a key, BUT if lock refreeze then what?

- William H., Clinton, US

Feb 012018

F-150 Lariat

When I try to open the door, it won't open by touching the door handle. I have to use the fob. At times I've been in the truck, getting out and the doors remain locked and I have to use the fob while inside the truck.

- Rita D., Capitan, US

Nov 032016

F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L Ecoboost

door latch freezes and door wont latch or locked in vehicle

The latch on my 2016 F-150 freezes closed or open. The door will open and when you open it you can close your door. it just slams and won't latch. I found a trick for my truck that If I can shut the black door button that moves up and down I can close my door and drive to work. Since I have a 45 minute ride i am usually good and the interior heats thaws it to unfreeze. If you do this method and it isn't warmed up enough and unfrozen you cannot open your door from the inside essentially trapping you in your truck and not allowed to get out.

This to me is a very dangerous problem.

Ford is claiming that they are aware of this for the 2015 and 2016 trucks and will be releasing parts that are currently in production. I am being told that it could be as late as next fall (fall of 2017) for parts to be available. In the meantime I have actually driven to a store while holding my door closed.

- Ryan S., Derby, NY, US