6.0

2016 Ford F-150 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 202016

F-150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost

Didn't feel it till about 350-400 miles ,drove local residential, 30 - 40 mph top. Got up on the highway 1 day and felt a horrible vibration, scared the hell out of me. Slowed down a little, then sped back up, felt the same thing. Called the stealership, took it in ,balanced the wheels and did rotation. They said it was all good ,did they perform the work ,I can't say yes or no. I know when I drove it away I took it up on the highway again, 50 to 65ish mph you feel it, above that it goes away. I called them and they said the work was done it's a new truck I'm imagining things, it's gone it's been fixed. So they said really there's nothing else to be done. I've been looking around and found same problems, also with no problems fixed. $ 55k truck over 3 years later 20k+ miles later, would be more but I don't like the truck. I still have the problem to this day, 8/13/19. HELP.

- Tony M., Philadelphia, US

Feb 082018

F-150 Sport 3.5L Eco V6

I just purchased a 2016 Ford F150 4x4 Super cab, From very large dealership in Buffalo NY, which promotes a 3 day satisfaction guaranty. I drove the truck home that night and right back to the dealership the next day. I have a very annoying vibration between 40-60 mph, at about 65-70 it stops and runs smooth as can be. The dealer has had the truck off and on approx. 15 days of the 30 day i owned it, trying to correct the problem.. this is kinda the sequence of repair attempts .. balance tires, vibration test, swapped driveshafts from lot vehicle, replaced with new Ford driveshaft, ( original one was outside of .040 run out) no luck, speed balanced new driveshaft, (no luck), forced balanced tires, checked drive line angle, u-joints.

The dealer has told me the vibration is within Fords acceptable guideline and there's nothing more that can be done OMG!!! All this effort and problem is no better than the first service cal,l so I contacted Ford Service and started a case file #. They advised me to go to another local Ford dealership and now have to go through this again.

As I drive it my hands go numb and tingly, I have to alternate my hands on the wheel just to go to and from work. I consider this to be hazardous to me and other drivers. I don't allow my wife or two sons to drive it.

At this point I really hate driving the truck I waited to buy. As a long time Ford family, I feel Ford has done what GM does, putting the customer and quality engineering on the back burner and moved looks and shine to the front.

- stemitf150, Buffalo, US

Nov 212016

F-150 XL 2.7L

This vibration has been with us since the very beginning of our purchase of this F150. It starts at 50 mph and only increases the faster we drive. It feels like the drive shaft in out of balance. We've taken it the Autonation Ford near us on the Gulf Freeway Houston multiple time, but they just lie to us about doing something to it even after having it for a month or more. They did give us a new F150 with 16 miles on it while they had ours. But it had the same exact problem as ours. So Ford has a problem in their F150 rear ends that they either don't know about or people just accept it as noise that a pickup will make, NO! Not acceptable at all! What happened to QC!! QUALITY CONTROL??

I really regret buying a Ford F150. Someone told me to buy a Chevrolet and I did not listen. Wish I had as this is turning out to be a BAD buying decision!

- Lawrence A., Houston, TX, US