- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 27 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 29 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 31 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 34 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 35 days ago
Ford Recall 18S45: Block Heater Cable Splice Connector May Corrode
2019 Ford F-150
When the heater is plugged in, prolonged corrosion could cause a resistive short, increasing the risk of overheated or melted wiring which can increase the risk of a fire.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2019 Ford F-150 and 2017-2019 Ford F-250 Super Duty, F-350 Super Duty, F-450 Super Duty, and F-550 Super Duty pick-up trucks equipped with an engine block heater. Water and contaminants may get into the block heater cable's splice connector causing corrosion and damage.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and seal the block heater cable, or replace it, as necessary, free of charge. An interim owner notification letter was mailed on January 15, 2019. A second notification will be sent when the remedy is available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S45.
Click a tab for more information.