- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 2 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 10 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 15 days ago
Ford Recall 20C03: Daytime Running Lights May Not Dim/FMVSS 108
2019 Ford F-150
DRL that cannot dim may reduce the visibility of other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Headlights
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018-2020 F-150 trucks equipped with high series LED headlamps with Autolamp (On/Off) functionality. The Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) may remain activated instead of dimming to parking lamps when the Master Lighting Switch (MLS) is manually rotated from the "Autolamps" switch position to "Headlamps On." As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the body control module, free of charge. The recall began March 10, 2020. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 20C03.
- Documents (4)
- Miscellaneous Document = Press Release - FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES A SAFETY COMPLIANCE RECALL AND TWO SAFETY RECALLS
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 20C03 Certain 2018 - 2020 Model Year F150 with LED Headlamps Daytime Running Lamp Function
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
Click a tab for more information.