- November 16: Ford Recalls F-Series Super Duty Trucks With LED Headlights recalls | 5 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Recall Issued To Prevent Fires recalls | 6 days ago
- November 5: Ford F-350 Valve Stem Leak Lawsuit Filed in Delaware news | 16 days ago
- October 30: Ford Edge Recall Needed For Seat Belt Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- October 29: Ford Transit Driveshaft Recall Permanent Fix Still Not Available recalls | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 18S45: Block Heater Cable Splice Connector May Corrode
2018 Ford F-450
When the heater is plugged in, prolonged corrosion could cause a resistive short, increasing the risk of overheated or melted wiring which can increase the risk of a fire.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2019 Ford F-150 and 2017-2019 Ford F-250 Super Duty, F-350 Super Duty, F-450 Super Duty, and F-550 Super Duty pick-up trucks equipped with an engine block heater. Water and contaminants may get into the block heater cable's splice connector causing corrosion and damage.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will disable the block heater cable, free of charge. Once parts are available, Dealers will replace the engine block heater cable, free of charge. The recall began June 3, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S45.
Click a tab for more information.