- August 22: Ford 'Death Wobble' Class Action Lawsuit Debated Before Judge news | 2 days ago
- August 21: Ford Explorer Hood Rust Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 8 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 14 days ago
Ford Recall 18S24: Charge Cord May Overheat Causing Fire
2015 Ford Focus Electric
An overheated cord can increase the risk of a fire.
Equipment — Electrical
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 120V Convenience charge cords that were supplied with and sold for use with 2013-2015 Ford C-Max Energi and Fusion Energi vehicles and 2012-2015 Ford Focus Electric vehicles. Cords with part numbers FM58-10B706-AA, FM58-10B706-AB, FM58-10B706-AC, FM58-10B706-AD, FM58-10B706-AE and FM58-10B706-AF were manufactured without thermistors, and during vehicle charging, increased resistance in the house's outlet or wiring can cause the cord to overheat and melt.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the current cord with a new 120V convenience cord with a thermistor, free of charge. The recall began January 18, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S24.
Click a tab for more information.