- January 22: Ford Fuel Filter Recall Affects F-Series Diesel Trucks recalls | 5 days ago
- January 21: Recall: Ford Brake Lights Won't Turn Off recalls | 6 days ago
- December 30: Ford Recalls 2022 F-250 and F-350 Super Dutys recalls | 28 days ago
- December 26: Ford Broncos and Rangers Recalled For Radar Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- December 25: Ford Recalls Mustang Mach-E and Mustang Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Engineering Analysis EA17004: Power Steering Failure
2010 Ford Fusion
Power Steering Failure
Steering:Electric Power Assist System
Steering:Rack And Pinion
Steering:Rack And Pinion:Rack
- On September 28th, 2016, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened Preliminary Evaluation PE16-011 to investigate claims of power steering assist loss on model year 2010 Ford Fusion vehicles.ODI has received 718 unique claims related to the alleged problem with 598 reports indicating the power steering assist failed while driving at speed with no warning.During the PE16-011 investigation, Ford Motor Company (Ford) provided 1851 unique reports and 1720 warranty claims related to the alleged problem.As the result of investigation PE14-030, Ford previously conducted a recall (15V-340) of the 2011-2012 Ford Fusion and other vehicles using the same electric power assist steering unit to rectify incidents of loss of power steering assist.An analysis of the subject vehicle complaint data indicates an increased likelihood of failure as the vehicles age.The rate of occurrence of this failure is comparable to previous investigations involving loss of power steering assist including the previously mentioned PE14-030.Therefore, the Preliminary Evaluation (PE16-011) has been upgraded to an Engineering Analysis to further assess the scope, frequency and consequence of this failure. ODI reports cited above can be reviewed at https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls#vehicle under the identification (NHTSA ID) numbers found in the attached list.
Click a tab for more information.