- November 13: Ford 'Door Ajar' Light Class-Action Lawsuit Makes Headway news | 1 days ago
- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 5 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 9 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 21 days ago
Ford Recall 16S42: Front Seat Belts May Not Restrain Occupants
2013 Ford Fusion
If the driver or front passenger seatbelt cables cannot properly restrain the front seat occupants, they would be at an increased risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured November 2, 2012, to July 31, 2014, and 2013-2015 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured November 14, 2012, to July 31, 2014. In the event of a crash, heat from the deployment of a seat belt pretensioner may cause a front seat belt anchor cable to fail.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will apply a protective coating to the seat belt cable, free of charge. The recall began May 16, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S42.
- Documents (10)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Media Statement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - December 1, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S42
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TBS - May 3, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S42
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.