- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 12 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 13 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 26 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 27 days ago
Ford Recall 16S42: Front Seat Belts May Not Restrain Occupants
2016 Ford Fusion
If the driver or front passenger seatbelt cables cannot properly restrain the front seat occupants, they would be at an increased risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured November 2, 2012, to July 31, 2014, and 2013-2015 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured November 14, 2012, to July 31, 2014. In the event of a crash, heat from the deployment of a seat belt pretensioner may cause a front seat belt anchor cable to fail.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will apply a protective coating to the seat belt cable, free of charge. The recall began May 16, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S42.
- Documents (10)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Media Statement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - December 1, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S42
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TBS - May 3, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S42
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.