- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 9 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 15 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 25 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 29 days ago
Ford Recall 18S20: Unintentional Rollaway Due To Detached Shift Cable
2016 Ford Fusion
If the vehicle is exited without the transmission being in Park and without the parking brake being applied, the vehicle may unexpectedly move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Floor Shift
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Ford Escape, and 2013-2016 Ford Fusion vehicles, equipped with six-speed automatic transmissions. The bushing that attaches the transmission shifter cable to the transmission may degrade over time and cause the bushing to detach from the transmission. The condition could allow the driver to move the shift lever to Park and remove the ignition key, while the transmission may not be in Park, with no warning message or audible chime.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter cable bushing, free of charge. The recall began September 20, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S20. Note: Owners are directed to use the parking brake until the recall remedy repairs can be made.
Click a tab for more information.