- December 3: Ford EcoBoost Problems Lead To Class Action Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- November 30: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Trucks With 7.3L Engines recalls | 4 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 7 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 15 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall 19S16: Unintentional Rollaway Due To Detached Shift Cable
2016 Ford Fusion
If the vehicle is exited without the transmission being in Park and without the parking brake being applied, the vehicle may unexpectedly move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Floor Shift
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2016 Fusion vehicles equipped with 2.5 liter engines. The bushing that attaches the transmission shifter cable to the transmission may degrade over time and cause the bushing to detach from the transmission. The condition could allow the driver to move the shift lever to Park and remove the ignition key, while the transmission may not be in Park, with no warning message or audible chime.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter cable bushing, free of charge. The recall began September 10, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S16. Note: Owners are directed to use the parking brake until the recall remedy repairs can be made. This recall is an expansion of 18V471.
- Documents (12)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 19S16
- Miscellaneous Document - May 15, 2019 - FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES TWO RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) NEW VEHICLE DEMO/DELIVERY HOLD. Safety Recall 19S16 of Certain 2013-2016 Fusion Equipped with a 2.5L Engine and 6F35 Transmission Shift Cable Bushing Replacement and Protective Cap.
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.