- March 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Includes 268,000 Cars recalls | 9 days ago
- March 25: Ford E-Series Recall Ordered For Stalled Engines recalls | 10 days ago
- March 12: Ford Ranger Blower Motor Recall Issued For Second Time recalls | 23 days ago
- March 8: Ford F-150 Brake Failure Lawsuit Hangs On news | 27 days ago
- March 6: Ford Door Latch Freezing? Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 29 days ago
Ford Engineering Analysis EA17004: Power Steering Failure
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Power Steering Failure
Steering:Electric Power Assist System
Steering:Rack And Pinion
Steering:Rack And Pinion:Rack
- On September 28th, 2016, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened Preliminary Evaluation PE16-011 to investigate claims of power steering assist loss on model year 2010 Ford Fusion vehicles.ODI has received 718 unique claims related to the alleged problem with 598 reports indicating the power steering assist failed while driving at speed with no warning.During the PE16-011 investigation, Ford Motor Company (Ford) provided 1851 unique reports and 1720 warranty claims related to the alleged problem.As the result of investigation PE14-030, Ford previously conducted a recall (15V-340) of the 2011-2012 Ford Fusion and other vehicles using the same electric power assist steering unit to rectify incidents of loss of power steering assist.An analysis of the subject vehicle complaint data indicates an increased likelihood of failure as the vehicles age.The rate of occurrence of this failure is comparable to previous investigations involving loss of power steering assist including the previously mentioned PE14-030.Therefore, the Preliminary Evaluation (PE16-011) has been upgraded to an Engineering Analysis to further assess the scope, frequency and consequence of this failure. ODI reports cited above can be reviewed at https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls#vehicle under the identification (NHTSA ID) numbers found in the attached list.
Click a tab for more information.