6.0

$2,000

1. replace evaporator (3 reports)
2016 Ford Mustang AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Mustang:

2016 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 012018

Mustang Premium Ecoboost

I am posting about the 2016 Ford Mustang. I wanted to add my complaint because I know it is an ongoing issue that Ford should have fixed for it's customers. I have written letters, but they still will not fix. It is a leak in the Evap Case where the air stops working (blowing warm air). In Atlanta traffic in June this is dangerous and shouldn't even be an issue with a car this new. I hope with continued complaints that Ford will help out it's customers with this fix.

- leetaluna, Marietta, US

Oct 012018

Mustang GT 5.0L

Dealership wants $1608.00 to replace evaporator core. Car is a 2016 with 52,000 miles and not even 3 years on the road. This is something that should not be an issue with at this age. Similar problems are with this car and should be a recall.

- Brian G., Gainesville, US

Mar 232018

Mustang V6 V6

Took it to Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL for diagnosis. After report of bad evaporator that is not covered by warranty since car has 42K miles (warranty only to 36K miles), I did some research. I found the evaporator is a fairly common issue in many other Mustangs, just do an internet search. I reported to Ford.Com asking for a case review for some financial assistance. FORD Case # CAS-14439720-S9K2S5 was assigned and after 2 days was returned as closed with no financial assistance available or input from me.

Plus - car was at dealer for Friday and Saturday; called on Saturday several times to get status and calls never returned. On Monday, after payment of $2000 on a 2016 car w/42k miles, I was told I had to wait for my car. I walked the parking lot to find it myself. I was offered a FREE oil change for my troubles.

Ford Customer Service is non-existent; will not stand behind their car even when they acknowledged this is as common problem - should be a recall repair as Ford states the new parts are better than the original.

- CA Z., Pompano Beach, FL, US