- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 9 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 9 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 29 days ago
- June 10: Ford Door Latch Recall Says Pawl Spring Tabs Crack recalls | 30 days ago
- June 4: Ford Mustang Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
Ford Recall 17S42: Driver Side Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2006 Ford Ranger
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is superseding a previous recall for certain 2004-2006 Ford Ranger trucks to implement a final repair. Upon deployment of the driver side frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternate inflator, free of charge. The recall began January 16, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S42. Note: This recall supersedes recall 16V-036 which was an interim repair. Vehicles that received a replacement air bag inflator under the previous campaign need to return to a dealer to have an alternate inflator installed.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.