- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 3 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls F-150, F-650 and F-750 Trucks in 3 Recalls recalls | 19 days ago
- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 30 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 31 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 34 days ago
Squeaking/Squealing Noise From Engine
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,403 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- camshaft synchronizer bearing replacement (5 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)