- December 13: Stop Underrides Act: Large Trucks and Trailers Need Guards news | 4 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 16 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 16 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 28 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...