- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 6 days ago
- March 16: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes in the Cabin Causes Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- March 14: Ford Focus and Fusion Recalled For Clutch Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 10 days ago
- March 5: 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Transmissions Overheat: Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...