- December 3: Ford EcoBoost Problems Lead To Class Action Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- November 30: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Trucks With 7.3L Engines recalls | 4 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 7 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 15 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall 14S10: Halfshaft Disengagement/Loss Of Drive/Roll Away
2013 Ford Taurus
If the halfshaft and linkshaft become disengaged while driving, power will no longer be transmitted to the wheels, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. Additionally, if the parking brake is not applied before exiting the vehicle, the vehicle may roll away despite the transmission being placed in 'Park', increasing the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 2, 2010, to November 30, 2013; 2013-2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured August 25, 2011, to November 30, 2013; and 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT vehicles manufactured September 12, 2011, to November 30, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the halfshaft retention circlip may not have been properly installed, and as a result, the halfshaft may move outward and disengage from the linkshaft while driving and without prior warning.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles to make sure that the halfshaft is properly retained. If it is not, dealers will replace the linkshaft and also replace the halfshaft if it shows evidence of spline damage, free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S10.
- Documents (13)
- Defect Notice(Part 573) - Supplemental
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Quarterly Report 2014-04
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.