- May 13: Ford Explorer Hood Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 0 days ago
- May 12: Ford F-150 Warped Dashboard Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 16 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
Ford Defect Investigation AQ18001: Zipcar Rental Concerns
2015 Ford Transit
Zipcar Rental Concerns
- NHTSA is opening this audit query in order to determine whether Zipcar, Inc. has complied with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.The Safety Act requires, among other things, that a rental company not rent, lease, or sell a recalled vehicle until the safety defect or noncompliance is remedied.49 U.S.C. § 30120(i).NHTSA is in receipt of information that alleges Zipcar, Inc. rented at least one vehicle to a consumer without having remedied safety defects.Accordingly, we are opening this audit query to seek information concerning these allegations and to verify whether improper rentals were made. The recall included in this audit is NHTSA recall No. 17V-408.
Click a tab for more information.