- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 3 days ago
- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 18 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 18 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 17S34: Water May Enter The Trailer Tow Module
2015 Ford Transit
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire. Turn signal, instrument cluster or seatbelt pretensioner problems can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ford Transit vehicles, equipped with a trailer tow module. Water can enter the tow modules and corrode the wiring causing issues such as rapidly flashing turn signals, loss of instrument panel display, an electrical short and possibly the deployment of seatbelt pretensioner.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will add a drainage hole in the driver's door stepwell and incorporate a fuse into the vehicle's wiring harness, free of charge. The recall began on February 9, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S34.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 24, 2017SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 17S34
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.