- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 0 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 7 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 11 days ago
Ford Recall Ricon 2016: Wheel Chair Lift Platform Cracking/Big Pivot Holes
2015 Ford Transit
If the platform side plates crack or the platform mounting fails from out-of-position bearings, the lift platform can separate from the lift and come to rest against the vehicle's lift door. When the vehicle's doors are opened, the platform may fall onto the lift operator, increasing their risk of injury.
- National Van Builders, Inc. (National Van) is recalling certain model year 2015 Ford Transit vehicles manufactured July 1, 2015, to October 30, 2015, and equipped with certain model S2005, S2010, S5005, S5010, S5505, and S5510 wheelchair lifts by Ricon. The platform side plate of the affected wheelchair lifts may crack. Additionally, the lifts are equipped with folding link arms that may have pivot holes that are too big, allowing the bearings to move out of position.
- National Van will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the link arms for damage or for displaced bearings. The platform will be inspected for cracks. Any damaged parts will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began on June 15, 2016. Owners may contact National Van customer service at 1-800-527-7477. National Van's number for this recall is Ricon 2016.
Click a tab for more information.