- February 17: Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 9 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 12 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 17S34-S1: Water May Enter The Trailer Tow Module
2017 Ford Transit
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire. Turn signal, instrument cluster or seatbelt pretensioner problems can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Ford Transit vehicles, equipped with a trailer tow module. Water can enter the tow modules and corrode the wiring causing issues such as rapidly flashing turn signals, loss of instrument panel display, an electrical short and possibly the deployment of seatbelt pretensioner.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will add a drainage hole in the driver's door stepwell and incorporate a fuse into the vehicle's wiring harness, free of charge. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Note: This is an expansion of recall 17V-668 (Ford recall 17S34). Ford's number for this recall expansion is 17S34-S1.
- Documents (10)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.