ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2012 GMC Acadia seat belts / air bags problems: service air bag light on

Service Air Bag Light On

2012 GMC Acadia

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your GMC dealer.

7.4

2012 GMC Acadia seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Feb 052016

Acadia SLE 3.6L V6

The service air bag light was on the first day I bought the vehicle. My dealership told me to take it to a GMC dealer to have it fixed. The dealership told me they couldn't find anything wrong. They removed the code and it popped up 2 days later and has been on for over a year with no fix or explanation

- Rebecca B., Louisville, US

Apr 042014

Acadia

Well here I am, about to make my 6th trip in to get the SERVICE AIR BAG light taken care of again. This is really getting annoying. fix the darn thing. I called them and now they tell me they are going to solder the wires and get rid of the connector. Well I hope this is the last trip I have to make for the same issue. I only have 11,463 miles on my vehicle and have had it in several times for repair. I just hope they get it right this time. Every time I have taken the car in they have told me that the issue was with the drivers air bag.

Update from Apr 29, 2014: Ok I took my SUV in and they had ordered a kit from GM. They hard wired the connection under the seats. So we will see if this fixes the problem.

Jul 052013

Acadia LX

Air bag light on; needing service; called dealer and took it in for repair. Under warranty at the time.

- charlenef, Sweeny, TX, USA

Jan 022014

Acadia LX

According to the GMC warranty book, the check air bag light on, indicated that the air bag was disabled and we needed to have service person check for the problem, which we did. This was still under warranty on our 2012 Acadia.

- charlenef, Sweeny, TX, USA

Oct 072013

Acadia

I purchased my Acadia Denali in August 2012 as a new vehicle. Within a couple of months the Service Air Bag light come on and stayed on until I took it in to have it serviced. I don't remember what they did to get it to go away but it stayed off for about a month. then it came back on. So far I have taken my vehicle to have it serviced approximately 6 times and The light is back on again.

Jan 072014

Acadia

Well my Service Air Bag Light has came on for the 3rd time. so on this trip to the dealership, they decided to replace the driver's airbag. After they replaced it the light went off for a couple of months. As of today, April 4, 2014 it is on AGAIN..

Oct 012013

Acadia SLT2 3.8L V6

Light came on a few times intermittently at first then progressed to coming on every time upon start-up. Dealer has ordered the part: PPM (Passenger Present Module) to be installed on 10/16. To the dealers credit, I was informed that the bags may not deploy in an accident and was offered a free rental awaiting the part because the dealer considered this a safety issue. Update to follow.

- Cliff C., Menifee, CA, US