- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 2 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 21 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 51 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 57 days ago
GMC Recall 17329: Driveshaft Fracture And Separation
2017 GMC Acadia
If the front right intermediate drive shaft assembly separates while driving, the vehicle will lose propulsion, increasing the risk of a crash. If the assembly separates while parked on a grade, without the park brake engaged, the vehicle may move unintentionally, increasing the risk of a vehicle roll-away.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2018 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles and 2017-2018 GMC Acadia vehicles. The right front intermediate driveshaft may fracture and separate while driving.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the right front intermediate drive shaft assembly, free of charge. The recall began August 25, 2017. Owners may contact GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782 or Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 17329.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 18, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 17329 Attached New Vehicle Inventory Report Revised
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 23, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 17329 Attached New Vehicle Inventory Report - Second Revision
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 15, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 17329
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 25, 2017 Subject: 17329 - Safety Recall Front Right Intermediate Drive Shaft Assembly Fractured
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172117050 Release Date: August 2017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.