- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 60 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 64 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 65 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 66 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 66 days ago
GMC Recall 16096: Front Brake Calipers May Leak Brake Fluid
2017 GMC Acadia
If there is a brake fluid leak, braking performance may be reduced, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2017 Cadillac XT5 vehicles manufactured April 16, 2016, to May 9, 2016, and 2017 GMC Acadia vehicles manufactured April 19, 2016, to April 22, 2016. The front brake calipers may have a torn or misaligned caliper piston seal which may allow brake fluid to leak.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the front brake calipers, replacing the brake caliper assemblies, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 12, 2016. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-458-8006 (Cadillac), or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). GM's number for this recall is 16096.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 2, 2016 Subject: 16096 - Safety Recall Front Brake Caliper Leak
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16205602 Release Date: November 2016 Revision: 01
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 17, 2016 Subject: 16096 – Safety Recall Front Brake Caliper Leak Customer Letter Added and Revised Service Procedure section.
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 4, 2016 Subject: Global Warranty Management System Resume Warranty Transactions for Safety Recall 16096
- Safety Bulletin Reference Number: N16205602 Release Date: November 2016
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.