- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 31 days ago
- June 2: 2018 GMC Terrain Airbags May Fail in a Crash recalls | 48 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 62 days ago
GMC Recall 01061: GM/Transmission Transfer Case
2002 GMC Envoy
This condition could result in a complete fracture of the range shift collar and subsequent loss of vehicle forward and reverse gears, and the inability to maintain "park" position. This increases the risk of a vehicle crash resulting from unintended movement of a parked vehicle.
Power Train — Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles (4 wheel-drive). Some of these vehicles were built with a range shift collar in the transmission transfer case that contains cracks.
- Dealers will replace the transfer cases and update the control module calibration. Owner notification began September 6, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.