- September 24: GMC Sierra Headlight Lawsuit Continues in California news | 0 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 9 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 12 days ago
- August 29: Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 6L50 Transmissions Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
GMC Recall 01061: GM/Transmission Transfer Case
2002 GMC Envoy
This condition could result in a complete fracture of the range shift collar and subsequent loss of vehicle forward and reverse gears, and the inability to maintain "park" position. This increases the risk of a vehicle crash resulting from unintended movement of a parked vehicle.
Power Train — Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles (4 wheel-drive). Some of these vehicles were built with a range shift collar in the transmission transfer case that contains cracks.
- Dealers will replace the transfer cases and update the control module calibration. Owner notification began September 6, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.