- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 19 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
GMC Recall 01061: GM/Transmission Transfer Case
2002 GMC Envoy
This condition could result in a complete fracture of the range shift collar and subsequent loss of vehicle forward and reverse gears, and the inability to maintain "park" position. This increases the risk of a vehicle crash resulting from unintended movement of a parked vehicle.
Power Train — Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles (4 wheel-drive). Some of these vehicles were built with a range shift collar in the transmission transfer case that contains cracks.
- Dealers will replace the transfer cases and update the control module calibration. Owner notification began September 6, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.