- January 7: GM Recalls GMC Sierra 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 recalls | 15 days ago
- January 2: GM 8-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over Shuddering news | 20 days ago
- December 20: GM Lifter Recall Needed, Says Class Action Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- December 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Trailering Information Labels news | 41 days ago
- October 28: GMC Yukon Tail Light Replacement Lawsuit Allegedly Fails news | 87 days ago
1997 GMC Jimmy
5 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1997 GMC Jimmy
Official recalls have been issued for the 1997 GMC Jimmy by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local GMC service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call GMC customer service.
If the energy-absorbing loop fully deploys in a severe multiple rollover crash, it is possible that a belted driver may experience partial or even complete ejection from the vehicle. ... Read more »
If this were to happen, it could result in an inoperative switch, heat damage to the driver's door, and/or ignition of components in the driver's door and a subsequent vehicle fire without prior warning. ... Read more »
This could cause a loss of steering control of the vehicle. Read more »
This can result in impaired steering or steering loss, or a partial or complete collapse of the front suspension, increasing the risk of a crash. Read more »
If a separation occurred and there were secondary crash events or vehicle rollover, there would be no belt restraint of the occupant and increased injuries could ... Read more »