- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 16 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 43 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 57 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 61 days ago
GMC Recall 02063: GM/Steering Linkage Pitman Arm Nut
2003 GMC Savana
A separation could result in loss of vehicle control, and a crash could occur with prior warning.
Steering — Linkages
- On certain vans with an 8,500 lb. Or 8,600 lb. Gross vehicle weight rating, the nut attaching the pitman arm to the steering linkage may not be tightened adequately resulting in a possible separation.
- Dealers will tighten the pitman arm nut to the proper specification. If the nut is missing, the dealer will install a new nut and tighten it correctly. Owner notification began December 10, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.