- September 24: GMC Sierra Headlight Lawsuit Continues in California news | 0 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 9 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 12 days ago
- August 29: Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 6L50 Transmissions Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
GMC Recall 02053: GM/Wheel Bearing Nut
2003 GMC Savana
If this were to occur, the amber-colored ABS tell-tale lamp in the instrument panel would illuminate and the ABS system would be disabled. The driver would also notice a grinding noise, a decrease in the vehicle speed, and the steering will pull in the direction of the affected brake assembly. This could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Wheels — Lugs/Nuts/Bolts
- Certain vans were built without a wheel bearing assembly retaining nut, which could lead to a possible bearing separation.
- Dealers will inspect the wheel bearing assembly. If the inspection reveals a missing retaining nut, the wheel bearing assembly will be replaced. Owner notification began November 13, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.