- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 19 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
GMC Recall 2013-1: Seat Wiring Harness May Short Circuit
2013 GMC Savana
If the wires become lodged in the seat riser mechanism, they may become severed and potentially short circuit. A short circuit may result in a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
Seats — Front Assembly — Power Adjust
Seats — Front Assembly — Seat Heater/Cooler
- Explorer Van Company, Inc. is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer and Explorer Limited SE vehicles built on GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express chassis, manufactured August 1, 2012, through April 9, 2013. The wiring harness that powers the seat adjuster and the seat heating circuit may not be properly secured. As a result, the harness may become lodged in the seat riser mechanism.
- Explorer Van Company will notify owners, and dealers will secure the seat wiring harness. Any damaged seat wiring harnesses will be replaced. These services will be completed free of charge. The recall began on May 10, 2013. Customers may contact Explorer Van Company at 1-800-926-7878. Explorer's number for this campaign is 2013-1.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.