- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 61 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 62 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 73 days ago
- February 3: GM Vortec Engine Lawsuit Says Oil Consumption Problems Abound news | 78 days ago
GMC Recall 2013-1: Seat Wiring Harness May Short Circuit
2013 GMC Savana
If the wires become lodged in the seat riser mechanism, they may become severed and potentially short circuit. A short circuit may result in a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
Seats — Front Assembly — Recliner
Seats — Front Assembly — Power Adjust
Seats — Front Assembly — Seat Heater/Cooler
- Explorer Van Company, Inc. is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer and Explorer Limited SE vehicles built on GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express chassis, manufactured August 1, 2012, through April 9, 2013. The wiring harness that powers the seat adjuster and the seat heating circuit may not be properly secured. As a result, the harness may become lodged in the seat riser mechanism.
- Explorer Van Company will notify owners, and dealers will secure the seat wiring harness. Any damaged seat wiring harnesses will be replaced. These services will be completed free of charge. The recall began on May 10, 2013. Customers may contact Explorer Van Company at 1-800-926-7878. Explorer's number for this campaign is 2013-1.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.