- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 12 days ago
- August 13: GMC Acadia Shifter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 39 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 65 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 80 days ago
GMC TSB #PIP4949D
2015 GMC Savana
Affected Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM:FUEL RAIL
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have a hard start or a no start. Technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Code DTCs P0087, P0088, P0191 or P128E. Technician will need to follow all Service Information diagnose for the Diagnostic Trouble Code. If the current Service Information diagnostic has led to Fuel Injection Pump replacement, Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 must be inspected for magnetic metal debris. If there is a questionable amount of magnetic debris found on Pressure Regulator 1 remove the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor and/or Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 to inspect for magnetic metal debris. If technician will need to replace all of the parts listed under the latest version of PIP4949 found in the Service Forms section of Global Connect if debris is found. Clean and flush all fuel chassis lines, filter pipes, and other engine mounted fuel system pipes not replaced. Also the fuel filter housing must be cleaned with a new fuel filter installed. Then the fuel tank and fuel sender must be cleaned and flushed.
Click a tab for more information.