- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 2 days ago
- September 11: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Recalled For 'Telltales' recalls | 33 days ago
- September 11: GM Vacuum Pump Recall Issued For 3.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
GMC Recall 18299: Climate Control Module Wiring Short Cauisng Fire
2016 GMC Savana
If the CCM overheats, there is an increased risk of a fire in the vehicle's headliner.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Express and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a single, manual, rear climate control module (CCM). If the temperature is set to maximum heat or the mode knob is set to maximum floor vent and an electrical short occurs, components within the CCM may overheat.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will remove the electrical insulation from a wiring connector within the CCM to remove the fire risk, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18299.
Click a tab for more information.