- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 3 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 6 days ago
- August 29: Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon 6L50 Transmissions Cause Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- August 18: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 31 days ago
GMC Recall : Aftermarket Hub Assemblies
2001 GMC Sierra 1500
If stopping distance is limited, a vehicle crash could occur.
Service Brakes, Air
- Certain federal-mogul national and Carquest aftermarket hub assemblies, P/N 515058, sold for use on 2001-2006 General Motors 1500 and 2500 4WD trucks. On the subject hub assemblies, the ABS sensor cord departs from the hub assembly at a 90 degree angle. As a result, there is a fit issue with the brake rotor dust shield interfering with the ABS sensor cord. If the hub assembly is installed despite this interference, the gap between the ABS sensor and the tone wheel may be altered. This may weaken the output of the ABS sensor. Diminished output could result in an unwanted ABS activation at low speeds and stopping distance could be affected.
- Federal-mogul will notify its owners and will either credit the customers account or replace the unit. The recall is expected to begin during June 2006. Owners can contact federal-mogul customer service at 1-800-563-8507 ext 3530.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.